Monday 27 May 2013

Popular Actress Arrested & Jailed In Ibadan Over Fatal Car Accident


Ibadan-based actress, Toyin Adegbola, has opened up on her ordeal when she was incarcerated by police after a friend crushed a pedestrian with her car describing it as the most challenging experience of her life.

She made this disclosure when she was recently hosted by Odua TV Channel.

She said police detained her for 10 days at Iyaganku Police Station. She was only released after thorough investigation has been carried out: “That was a trying period for me. I was not only arrested but detained for 10 days. It took intervention of well-meaning Nigerians and thorough investigation before I was released,” the actress said.

The event, which started with Red Carpet also witnessed an influx of stars including sh*tta Bay, Orisabunmi, Lanko and Nike Peller, who serenaded the audience before the MC ushered in Toyin Adegbola, who was surprised at the depth of the documentary Odua TV put together on her.

Toyin who disclosed that her hobby is dancing gave a brief history of how she started her career and the high and low points of it. Her face lit up when she disclosed that the happiest day of her life was the graduation of two of her children from one of the best universities in the world: “I was so happy that day; it was the happiest day of my life.

To see them graduate from one of the best universities in the world was emotional for me because since my husband died 13 years ago I’ve been playing the role of father and mother to the kids. So to see them gradate was very gratifying, I was happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...