Monday 3 June 2013

I wear the same wrist watch with Jay Z - D'banj opens up

The kokomaster himself!
In a very recent interview with Punch, the kokomaster was asked to mention the most expensive fashion item he has gotten so far and he replied with "I’m always wearing expensive things; like now, I have two watches on my wrist. I’m putting on a Franck Muller, master of complication. It goes for at least $50,000. The other is a big face, the same one Jay-Z is rocking." Oh by the way, he says he is a romantic!
See excerpts from the interview below:

How would you describe your fashion style?
I don’t know. I just dress how I want to be addressed. Sometimes, I want to look like a biker, sometimes I want to look like a billionaire. I wanted to get myself a power bike until I started making it. I had to decide against it because if I get injured, I would not be able to perform. Right now, I can only ride through video games.
Why do you often change your look, especially with your sideburns?
I change that based on how I feel. Like right now, I look like Will Smith. It just reflects how I feel.
Do you ever feel sad?
Yes, there are times I feel sad. A lot of things can make me feel sad, I’m a human being. I can watch a movie and feel sad, I can have issues with someone and feel sad. It depends. But I hardly let that show outside.
Are you a romantic person?
Yes, when I have to, when I’m with the right person.
How do you know the right person?
That is why it is called romance. Don’t make a ‘whore’ a housewife.
How many pairs of glasses do you own?
The ones I cannot use anymore and everybody knows is like 60. I change them everyday, the one I’m wearing is new. It’s Bespoke by Tommy Hilfiger.
What is your fashion weakness?
Before, I thought it was the suit. Later I thought it was the jewelry, but now I just think it is everything. It might just be a T-shirt or something intriguing. For me, I don’t know but I believe fashion is about how you feel. Dress how you want to be addressed. It is not about the shoe, or the watch, it is a full package.
Do you have plans of owning a fashion line?
We already did that. I have not worn a suit that is not Nigerian made in more than eight years, including what I’m wearing now. I look better than Dolce & Gabana. My favourite Nigerian designer is Bespoke by Okunoren Twins. I’ve been rocking them. Most occasions, I rock Nigerian designers. I do very well with international designers but I’m more comfortable in Nigerian wears. Recently, we went into merchandising and I was thinking of doing Koko wear; but a lot of people in my team thought the logo for DB Records was such a great logo for a clothing line. We are rocking it, you must have seen pictures of the gold DB Records when I was granting an interview. We are coming out with our merchandise.
Who has been your fashion icon over the years?
A lot of people. I have Kanye West, David Beckham…let’s leave it like that.
Are you imitating Kanye West’s looks?
No, does Kanye have side burns? He doesn’t. I have always had my looks, especially with the side burns. I could make them thinner, fatter, or just remove everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...