Saturday 8 June 2013

From A Reader: My Yoruba Parents Won't Let Me Marry My Igbo Soulmate




please I urgently need the honest advice of your readers.

I have known this man for about four years now. We dated for two years and broke up in 2011 but still we have complete love for each other.
Basically the reason why we (or rather 'I') broke up is because my parents would never allow me marry an Igbo man since I am a Yoruba lady.


He is everything I want in a man, God-loving, caring, respectful, ,intelligent, career focused and also
has the TDH (tall, dark and handsome) factor. Inshort he is all I want in a man.

I even got engaged to a Yoruba man last year 2012 but had to call off the engagement because I just didn't love him enough to get married to him.

This Igbo man still believes we would get married and still tells me how much he loves me. He hasn't had any girlfriend since 2011. I am ready to finally give fate a chance and let us get back together again.
Then when we are both spiritually and mentally strong enough, we tell my parents our plans to get married.

Should I damn the consequences that may occur should my parents still say no? Should tribe really matter in deciding the choice of spouse?

I am hurting, badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...