Thursday 7 March 2013

'I Won’t Quit Music Till I Win The Grammy Awards" - King Sunny Ade


Juju music maestro, Mr. Sunday Adeniyi, aka King Sunny Ade, has set his eyes on the world’s most prestigious music prize - The Grammy Awards - and said he would not quit music until he wins it.
KSA, as he is popularly called said this yesterday at a roundtable organised by the League of Veteran Journalists, Oyo State branch.
KSA who has been nominated for the Grammy Awards twice in the past, agreed with Professor Olawale Albert, Director,  Institute for African Studies, University of Ibadan that if Nigerians wanted him to win the award, it would not be impossible adding  “a prophet is without honour in his own country”.
He said: “It is for everyone of you to assist Nigerian musicians. I will continue to work hard. If I don’t get it, I won’t leave music. That is why I am trying to train my children. If I don’t get it, my children will get it. Nigerian musicians would get it”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...